Magic, Mystery and Adventure...This book has it all!

Goddess Born - Kari Edgren

This book has a bit of everything! Truly something for everyone. There is romance, history, suspense, and a bit of supernatural power. Witch hunts and sword fights. I told you, something for everyone.

I really enjoyed this book. I was drawn in from page one. The main character, Selah Kilbrid is a different kind of girl. She is 'goddess born'. A descendant of an Irish goddess. She must keep this a secret from others who fear anyone different than themselves. She resides in a Quaker community in Pennsylvania.

Selah is a strong willed young woman, you will instantly love her, whether you agree with her or not. Kari Edgren has created a wonderful character in Selah.

Henry Alan, a young indentured servant who becomes Selah's make believe husband is a powerful character in his own right. From the very beginning, the reader knows there is more than meets the eye with Henry. I won't give anything away, but his story will just fascinate you. He is a fabulous character and you can feel him falling in love with Selah throughout the book.

I think any lover of historical fiction will fall in love with this book. I look forward to more by this author.

I give this book 5 stars because it contains everything I look for in a book.

Source: http://bookloversparadise.blogspot.com