Secrets of the Lighthouse

Secrets of the Lighthouse: A Novel - Santa Montefiore

Unique book. I've never read a book from the point of view of a ghost. That's one of the main characters, Caitlin, the ghost. And a lighthouse..who wouldn't love a story with a lighthouse?  How romantic.  A lighthouse with the ocean crashing against it...and a mysterious death.

Connemara, Ireland is the main backdrop for this unique story. The author's descriptions of western Ireland are so incredible--I want to visit! It sounds like a fantastic place. I could 'smell the grass' and 'hear the ocean'.

The characters in this novel are incredible. I loved Ellen. She is a spirited individual seeking answers. I loved the entire Byrne clan...a large Irish family full of fun and life.

I did not like the ghost. While reading this book, I found her to be vain and self centered. My thoughts changed at end. I won't give anything away, but eventually, I felt sorry for the ghost, imagine that!

This is a story of love, of family and of betrayal and secrets. The writing is spectacular. I've never read anything by this author, but will be on the lookout for more!

Source: http://bookloversparadise.blogspot.com