Ancient Egypt in all it's glory

Daughter of the Gods: A Novel of Ancient Egypt - Stephanie  Thornton

I can now say I've been to Ancient Egypt...well...sort of. I've visited through Stephanie Thornton's fabulous novel. I've seen Nubia through the eyes of Hatshepsut, I've seen the inside of the Hall of Women, I've travelled the Nile and visited the temples.

I could hear and see the sights and sounds of Egypt in the time of the pharaohs. This book is that good. Hatshepsut herself is an amazing character. She has an inner strength that will fascinate and leave the reader spellbound. I've always considered her an amazing person. Now, I feel as if I know her. Her and Senenmut. I must admit, I can understand her fascination with this incredible man, I think I sort of fell in love with him myself. The chemistry between Hatshepsut and Senenmut is palpable. These are two people who deserve to be together.

This is truly an incredible book. The writing is so well done, the reader will believe they are lost in Egypt while reading. The descriptions are so well written, I can honestly 'see' the palace, temples and characters. I cannot recommend this book enough. If you are a fan of Ancient Egypt (and who isn't, I think we all have some kind of love for the glory days of the pharaohs), don't miss this book! If you aren't a fan of Egypt, but love a good story, read this book. Lastly, if you like strong women...you get the picture...just read this book!

Bravo Stephanie Thornton for creating another wonderful story. I can't wait for your next story.

Source: http://bookloversparadise.blogspot.com