Jack Templar Monster Hunter by Jeff Gunhus

I love having fun while I read a book. I laughed out loud at Jack's warnings during the first few pages of the book and was intrigued enough to keep reading. I'm glad I did. This is an amazing story. Jack is a great character, I mean, monster hunter.

This story is well written. Not too scary for young children. A bit of fantasy/horror mixed together. The characters are well developed. The story fast paced and interesting.

I started reading the warnings aloud to my 12 year old son. He was interested enough to state "I want to read it when your done" I gave him my ereader when I finished, and he was glued to the reader until he finished the story. His response..."Is there more?" Thankfully, there is a second novel coming soon.

Any book that gets a stamp of approval from my 12 year old is a great story. Right now, he's obsessed with Percy Jackson and not much interested in anything else. In other words, this is an amazing story, one that encouraged him to read something other than PJ. Must be the monsters.

A 5 star story for middle graders, young adults.

I was given this book for an honest review. I was not financially compensated in any way. The opinions are mine and those of my 12 year old.

Source: http://bookloversparadise.blogspot.com