A dystopian you will love

Autumn in the City of Angels (The Autumn Series, #1) - Kirby Howell

To begin, I am slightly tired of dystopian novels. It is a genre that is currently saturating the market. That being said, this book reminded me why I loved dystopians. I was drawn into the story from the very beginning. To say I loved this story would be an understatement.

The characters are multidimensional. The reader will have a personal interest in the lives of each character. I wasn't overly thrilled with the alien component. I found it a bit creepy as the alien was several hundred years older than our female protagonist.

How is this story dystopian, well, a massive virus kills off most of Earth's population. The few remaining citizens of Earth attempt to band together to survive. As with any disaster, there are groups that attempt to take advantage of the situation and benefit from others need for food/lodging and medicine.

This book will hold your attention from beginning to end. I have purchased book two and plan to read it over the summer.

Autumn is a character that commands respect. She is a strong young woman who WILL survive. No matter what. Her instincts are sound, and she toughens up enough to become a strong leader to others.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who loves dystopian stories, strong characters or just a fun read.

Source: http://bookloversparadise.blogspot.com